Double glazing at its simplest is adding an insulation (thermal break) layer within your windows by trapping air or gas between the panes. Modern high performance units include the inert gas Argon (always ask for argon) instead of air and may make use of LowE glass technology glass thickness and type, thermal spacer thicknesses to boost the efficiency of units.
Retrofit double glazing involves removing the single panes out of your existing windows and replacing them with efficient double glazed units.
- WARMER – Keep the cold out, and warmth in for a warmer, drier and healthier home.
- REDUCE CONDENSATION – Reduce internal condensation dramatically.
- REDUCE NOISE – Double glazing will reduce noise. Use acoustic double glazing for noisier niggles.
- FADING & PRIVACY – Reduces UV rays by up to 99%. Add tint for privacy.
- COOLER IN SUMMER – Moderated internal climate all year round.
- SAFER – Installing to the latest NZS glass standards for a safer more secure home.
- VALUE – Lower your power bills instantly. Add value to your home in the long term.
Contact us to arrange for a detailed obligation free consultation and quote for your property.
We’ll meet you, talk through your options and send you a detailed proposal for your consideration.
We’ll do the final measure, order the materials and install.
- We use a 14mm spacer bar as our starting point for your glass units – a wider gap = better insulation.
- All glass is matched to todays glass specifications.
- All timber rebates are primed and sealed to protect your frames.
- Any rot or softness of wood is patched, treated or replaced or repaired – Before we proceed!
- We use top quality polyurethane sealants to keep moisture out and secure the glass – NOT FOAM TAPE.
- Our process most often strengthens wooden sashes – stronger than before.
- We deliver you windows primed, sealed and ready to top coat paint.
- We can also can provide a finishing painting service on completion.
- We always give you a free upgrade to Argon Gas.
- You receive a 10 year warranty on our glass.
- The double glazed glass units are matched to your aluminium profile type – we aim to give you the widest possible gap.
- Each aluminium window type takes a different bead type. We match colour and bead type to your windows and doors.
- Ranch sliders and doors are checked separately along with rollers and latches.
- Most often, opening window sashes and caements are replaced – along with new window latches.
- Each unit is fitted with new rubber seals (wedge) and windows cleaned before completion.
- Aluminium rejuvenation service is available for retained older faded or oxidised aluminium joinery.
- Check your quotes – not all glass are equal, Different brands and specification claims can confuse and may not give you the best value.
- Low E glass is better and higher end Low E glass is better still. If you can afford it, it makes sense to do it once as best you can, but… glass is still not as warm as an insulated wall and curtains are still important too.
- You don’t have to have all the same glass in every room – prioritise living and sleeping areas – that is areas where you mostly live in and heat.
- Always get Argon Gas and go for the thickest space between the glass in the unit.
- Don’t wait – If you can only afford a room or two do them, treat it like a project.